Anyone with a user account may upload a recipe on EdiMeals. The recipe then gets entered into a queue, and the EdiMeals team reviews it for approval.
If a recipe does not meet the requirements below, we will notify the creator that we are not able to approve the recipe yet. They may edit the recipe and resubmit it.
- A approved recipe should contain the following:
- Ingredient amounts
- Multiple steps
- Number of servings
- Cooking time
- Your recipe must produce something edible
- For cooking steps that are complicated, please include a photo that reflects the action in the step.
- Your title must be specific and descriptive (not “food” but “bacon sausage quiches”).
- For steps with timed action, please include appropriate timers.
- While categories are subjective, your labels must not be misleading. For example, please don’t categorize your 5000 calorie nacho recipe under “healthy” or give a recipe with heavy amounts of cheese a “non-dairy” label.
- The photos must be of reasonable size/quality.
- Reasonable spelling and grammar for recipes.
- Each step must be specific with all ingredients used, and not refer to them as a group (“Add the ingredients for the sauce”, should be “Add peanut oil, ginger, soy sauce, and garlic…”)
- If the recipe involves the oven, give advance notice to preheat the oven.
- Recipes will immediately be rejected if they contain graphic images and/or text.
- Uploaded photos must be produced by the recipe creator.
- Your recipe must contain original content or properly cite its source. If plagiarization is found, we reserve the right to remove any content.
Additional Uploading Tips
- Be very specific with
- Your directions (e.g. if you use a blender, what speed should it be set at?)
- Sizing (e.g. indicate if a large pan is used, or a 9×13 inch tray, etc.)
- Keep your steps short and concise.
- Storage and serving instructions are helpful at the end.
- Please test out the recipe using your recommended measurements before uploading it to make sure they are accurate for the desired result.